Where does the money go?

Modified on Thu, 05 Oct 2023 at 02:51 PM

For the individual projects listed, 85% of the proceeds go to the project developers to help maintain and expand their life-changing, climate saving projects. The remaining 15% is used to cover the variable foreign exchange fees and PayPal service, VAT where applicable, and charges and administrative costs in maintaining the platform and transparently retiring the credits. You can find more information here

 

Credits purchased from our Climate+ Portfolio are credits from Project Developers who opt for a 50% reduction in certification fees in exchange for allocating 2% of their issued carbon credits to Gold Standard. 

 

Income generated from sales of these carbon credits will go to Gold Standard. We use this Climate+ Portfolio revenue to recoup the cost of reduced certification fees. 

 

By purchasing these credits, you are essentially paying for 50% of the certification fees for project developers who cannot afford the full fees or need initial financial support to set up their projects. This arrangement has helped many project developers improve the financial viability for their project development and certification.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article