The Minimum Pricing model is still in development but the most recent data is as follows:
- €8.20 for energy efficiency projects;
- €8.10 for renewable energy projects;
- €13. for forestry management projects.
The Fairtrade Premium values which must be paid for each Fairtrade Carbon Credit (on top of the Minimum price) are:
- €1.00 / tCO2e for energy efficiency and renewable energy projects;
- €1.50 / tCO2e for forestry management projects.
Companies who pay the Minimum Price and Premium levels will also need to pay a ‘Fairtrade Carbon Credit fee’ for market development activities Fairtrade will conduct. This fee level is recommended by Fairtrade International to be 3.5% of the Minimum Price.
You can read more about this on the Fairtrade International website: https://www.fairtrade.net/standard/climate